Jan 1, 2011

a postcard, some snow and a few manatees

Postcards are one of those wonderful surprises that still find their way into a mailbox, not inbox, on occasion.  It seems like they could be the only hand written messages delivered by the USPS to survive the digital age.  E-cards, in my opinion, just don't hold a special place in my heart like postcards do.  

I returned back to my apartment after the post-christmas blizzard to find this treasure of a postcard.    The photos are fitting as they reminded me of the icebox I live in....as if the boots, scarf, hat, and mounds of snow were not a daily reminder.  On the other side, it gave me hope for warmer weather, travel to warm places, sand between my toes and the thought of being tan.  

I flipped it over to find nothing but a bunch of manatees playing a cruel joke on me as they pinched a nerve calling me "swan" after my cinematic scare in the theater watching Black Swan.  

Regardless, I loved this little postcard in my mailbox...I cannot wait to send the manatees one soon.  

1 comment:

magpie megan godar said...

please send all correspondence to:

Snooty the Manatee and other pool mates.
Parker Manatee Aquarium -South Florida Museum.
201 10th Street West.
Bradenton FL 34205.

also feel free to chat with me and my buds via my live web cam:
http://www.southfloridamuseum.org/TheAquarium/SnootyCam.aspx

xoxo.
Snooty and co.