I recently started reading memoirs having to do with travels in Europe, food and love. This week I finished Lunch in Paris by Elizabeth Bard...the most compelling aspect of this book are the recipes that come at the end of each chapter. I am now interested in adding a little french flair to the day to day culinary adventures in 3D.
After a trip to the New York Public Library, I have moved onto I Loved, I Lost, I Made Spaghetti by Giulia Melucci...I am a few pages in but the author writes about all of the meals she cooked for her former boyfriends. And like Bard, Melucci includes all of the recipes.
I made one of the recipes for lunch today. Asparagus sauteed with garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, white wine and angel hair pasta topped with grated pecorino romano.
1 lb. of thin asparagus
olive oil
hot red pepper flakes
garlic (calls for one clove, I used four)
salt
1/2 c. of white wine
1/2 lb. of angel hair pasta
freshly grated parmigiano/perorino
freshly ground pepper
Cut asparagus into 1-inch pieces. Saute garlic and red pepper flakes in olive oil until golden, then add asparagus, coat pieces with olive oil. Cook for 5 minutes, then add white wine and cook for another 10 minutes, until asparagus are soft to your liking. Cook the pasta in salted water. Once done, add the pasta to the skillet with the asparagus and cook for about a minute on low heat. I added some of the pasta water to the skillet to increase the liquid volume. Serve with grated cheese and pepper. Time: 20 minutes. Serves 2.
No comments:
Post a Comment