Aug 30, 2010

i'm not sure paris could have hung with us at this hilton pool

pool |poōl|
noun
a small area of still water, typically one formed naturally.
• a small, shallow patch of liquid lying on a surface : a pool of blood 
• a swimming pool.
• a deep place in a river.
I'm no wordsmith, nor do I have connections at Merriam-Webster...but if I did, I would convince them to change their definition to look something like this:
"place where one can...swim like fish, eat BLT's and sushi, sleep (through the night), tan, laugh, get ice pops from jorge, refresh oneself with a eucalyptus towel, toss a football, play volleyball, order more beer and another frozen mojito, swim to the bar, witness highly competitive synchronized swimming, run the deli out of gatorades, wait for jorge to bring us a volleyball, reapply sunscreen, never really figure out the currency conversion, order room service at 4:00am after a wedding, devour quesadillas, construct a volleyball net with noodles (nice work mr. teddy), lose clothes (hopefully aunt christine will find them), fight the crowds to get good chairs, have jordane tuck you in under the stars and wake you up for yoga, get dirty looks from people not with our party, sift through bags of candy like it is the day after halloween, consume massive amounts of figi water, watch the sun set and rise in the same day, drink double strawberry mango daiquiris and lose track of time."

 protection for the fish

fish out of water
barracuda cousin fish biting the hugging fish
fish food
 lazy fish
happy hour fish @ 11:00am (MT)
peaceful fish
momma fish
bartender fish
pato catches a ride with a taxi fish

...but if I were only allowed to define it in one sentence, I'd write: a body of water where the sun shines, the moon gleams and memories are made to last a lifetime with Danielle and Paul.

for more aquatic imagery, please feel free to take a dip our pool

No comments: